WATERSPORTS RESPONSIBILITY CODE
Be aware that there are risks in boating and Watersports that good judgment and personal awareness can help reduce. To increase your enjoyment of Watersports, follow the ten elements of the Code.
• ALWAYS familiarize yourself with applicable laws, waterways, and inherent risks
• ALWAYS have a capable observer in addition to driver, and agreed on hand signals
• ALWAYS wear a properly fitted life jacket approved by your country’s agency
• ALWAYS read user’s manual and inspect equipment before use
• ALWAYS ski and ride under control, at proper speeds, and within your limits
• ALWAYS turn ignition off when anyone is near watercraft power drive unit
• ALWAYS stay clear of engine exhaust to avoid Carbon Monoxide poisoning
• NEVER “Platform Drag” or touch swim platform while the engine is running
• NEVER ski or ride near swimmers, shallow water, other boats, or obstacles
• NEVER operate watercraft, ski, or ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs
THE WARNINGS AND PRACTICES SET FORTH ABOVE IN THE WATERSPORTS RESPONSIBILITY CODE REPRESENT SOME COMMON RISKS ENCOUNTERED BY USERS. THE CODE DOES NOT PURPORT TO COVER ALL INSTANCES OF RISK OR DANGER. PLEASE USE COMMON SENSE AND GOOD JUDGMENT.